SYTYCD recap

| |


So, I took a welcome break from watching election coverage to revel in last night's episode of SYTYCD. Good news: I didn't watch election coverage. Bad news: didn't love the show.

I'll start with the good parts:

  • Cat was fabulously hot. Shoes = yummy, dress = perfection.
  • Adam STILL rocks as a judge.
  • Nathan (disclosure: I have a big 'ol crush on him) and Mollee were fantastic in the Bollywood number.
  • Kevin and Karen = HAWTNESS-squared
  • Biggest surprise of the night? Legacy was really great. (I know, I NEVER thought I would type those words).

Hot mess for the rest of the show. Nigel was cranky and off center on many of his comments, IMO. Noelle was raggedy in her number. Viktor and Bianca (both of whom I really like) were a mess. Philip and Channing looked like senior citizens trying to do lifts. Pauline & Peter choked on Wade's number...totally undersold it.

Biggest mess of the whole show? The judging. Well, at least some of it. I should declare that I think judges should NEVER criticize choreography. It's not a show about choreography. Whatever they say, they should critique them privately. So, I was quite annoyed by several of Adam's comments, even though I think he is the best judge on the panel.

Finally, I am quite disappointed at the ... ummmmm ... pale-ness created by the last two JUDGES cuts. I know, I know. You shouldn't keep or cut people based on that, but still. Three out of the last four cuts??? I'll be glad when the public is voting again. Come to think of it, I will probably bitch about that too. *shrugs*

0 comments:

Post a Comment